Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Formal Goodbye to the Foodies Blogs

Dear Foodies.

I write this post on Christmas Eve (in Singapore) to formally wish you all a fond farewell and to announce the ending of our foodie blogs. These blogs won't be taken offline; rather, I'll keep them online for the sake of memory and archive purposes, at least for another year or two. But let me explain my reasons for officially ending the blogs here:

There's nothing sadder than a blog that purports to still be alive and kicking, but in actuality is dead. I don't want the same fate to befall our blogs--to have people post very, very occasionally and to have nobody comment or no other posts follow.

Think of this as a metaphorical "pulling the plug" on a comatose blog, and then preserving the blog in a bottle full of formaldehyde. But without the same problematic ethical issues which would arise if the blog were a human being.

I've enjoyed being part of this blog very much, and have enjoyed reading all the posts and comments you've all contributed to this online community!

Without further ado, I bid you all farewell and Happy Christmas!

Sincerely,

Dr. Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment