Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Food Court

I have only been to the food court on one occasion so far this year and came away largely unimpressed. Whenever i find myself paying buzzfunds for food, (often because i only have a 10 meal plan) it is usually at a restaraunt that is not in the food court. One of the main problems i had with it was the fact that there was really nothing there that i couldn't get in one of the dining halls, the only difference is that the dining halls let you eat as much as you want. While you can pay $7 for a burrito at the food court you can get a burrito, french fries, an apple and much more at the dining hall for what ends up being about the same price. If i go someplace other than the dining hall, i am much more likely to go to a place like Einstein Bros. which sells high quality bagel sandwiches, something that i haven't found being offered at one of the dining halls

5 comments:

  1. I feel like the Asian food in the food court is a little overpriced. The southern food place has pretty good value for money (3.99 for the "3 vegetable" plate plus cornbread/bread).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sushi at the food court in the Student Center is a place to hit up. Sure you can walk into Atlanta and find some better quality sushi, but at Georgia Tech, if you're craving sushi, the Student Center is the place to be! The sushi is not horrible, and for being in a food court at a college, it is worth the somewhat overpriced $6.99 - $8.59 amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently changed my food plan because of the price dilemma. Although some cuisines are worth the price, my appetite doesn't work with it.
    Originally I had the Unlimited Plan but one day when eating at the food court, I chose an item that was apparently not covered by the unlimited plan. Sure it was about the same price of the dining hall meals but the thing is... the meal I bought lasted me three days. Three days!!! I was wasting money by staying on the unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say, food court has better food than that of dining hall PERIOD. Food that dining halls offer is greasy and sometimes juicy(scramble eggs)....
    It costs money to buy some food at the food court, but it's a good idea to buy two or three times a week there and get a break from greasy and juicy food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have a different perspective but that is probably because I have the plus 5 deal so I can eat there for free. I have to say that the food at the food court (or anywhere in the student center for that matter) is great. But then again, i'm not very picky.

    ReplyDelete