Friday, August 21, 2009

My Picky Appetite Found Sweetness at Last

I have earned the title of "Health Freak" by my overly particular ways of selecting my meals. I do not remember the last time I bit into cake or scooped into ice cream. I have virtually banned sweets from my diet. However, this summer I was introduced to a tasty alternative to chocolate cake which I thought I'd share in case anyone loves to bake and might possibly be interested in watching the amount of sugars entering the body. (Did I mention I'm a fitness trainer and nutrition has become a way of life?) So for those who are interested...

Chocolate Diet Coke Cake
(100 calories per 3"x3" piece)

1 can of Diet Coke
1 box of chocolate cake mix

Mix the cake mix with the entire can of cake mix.

Follow the directions on the box for baking.

Add one scoop of CoolWhip as a substitute for cake icing.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I like how you begin with how you are considered a "healthy freak"~ I don't really eat sweet stuff either, but just because I don't like stuff that is too sweet... However, this cake seems pretty good and makes me wanna try XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple the directions are! It makes me want to try to make it just because it does not take a lot of thought and skill to bake this "Chocolate Diet Coke Cake." Quick question: Do you taste any of the coca cola when you are eating the cake or is it one of those ingredients that you never really taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE A HEALTH FREAK! DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS BLOG! THIS BLOG IS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO LOVE FOOD FOR ITS SAKE, AND NOT BECAUSE OF HOW MANY CALORIES IT CONTAINS!

    hahaha... just kidding! bet I scared you though... a blog is not a blog without at least one hate speech/comment in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting recipe and it makes me wonder how the carbonation affects the cake and what kind of flavor it would have. It definitely
    looks like an easy recipe for someone to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying out your recipe but

    Line 13: "...mix the cake mix with the entire can of cake mix..." is sort of confusing for me.

    Please clarify for the sake of quality of this blog.

    E3 FOODIES RULE!
    DOWN WITH G5 & P4!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diet coke cake?? Wow that sounds interesting haha. I'm really not a big fan of diet coke and I've always wondered why it is the number one most sold drink world wide. On the otherhand I would definately try something like this. (maybe with some regular coke)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Hasan...it's cool that you're trying to be provocative and create interesting discussion, but be careful not to cross the line into hostility and annoyingness! You're treading it finely in some of these comments you're making!

    Some ideas for future blog posts: review of a trip to the Coca-Cola Museum; document yourself following this recipe (using video, camera, or plain ol' text).

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry. but it's no fun without some good competition. i'll be less 'provocative' from now on.

    eg: go e3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so interesting.....lol

    i never would've thought of a diet cake haha.

    i most defintiely will try this recipe sometime. thanks for posting it! :D

    ReplyDelete