Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Korean Sashimi



It wasn't really long since I had Korean Sashimi. Well, its not really called Sashimi. Its called "회" (No idea how to write it in english :D), it means raw fish in Korean but just for clarification, I borrowed the well know Japanese term "Sashimi."

I love tasting raw sea food and it was fairly difficult to get good raw seafood in Malaysia, since Malaysia was located in the tropics and the hot weather could cause food poisoning. To make my summer a bit more interesting, I decided to visit this place where there were tons of fishes in Korea. The picture above is only one part of the seafood market but already we can see there were quite a lot of fishes in the tank.


Probably there was about 40 of these small fish stores. This was advantageous to the consumer because these stores competed with each other, lowering the price down a bit :D. However, it was still quite expensive. My friend and I selected 2 types of fish, 3 octopus and some weird looking muscle(?). After the selection, the lady transformed our fishes into a plate of sashimi :D


The sashimi tasted great! I feel sorry for the fishes but I'm pretty sure the freshness contributed to the great taste.
We had 2 different sauces which we dip our fish slices with. One was chile and the other was soy sauce.

I also got a chance to try a very strange and odd food. I first saw people eating living octopus slices in youtube and later found out that they serve that in Korea. So, I thought why not give it a chance? Once, I tasted the slices of octopus, I was quite amazed. I couldn't stop eating these slices, they were something like boiled octopus slices but more tender and elastic?




7 comments:

  1. Boiled octopus slices?

    I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, LIVING octopus slices? Like are they still wriggling while you eat them? Haha i think i'll have to agree with Hasan

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at least I didn't upload the movie version of eating living octopus :D

    they were wriggling lol

    YES SASHIMI FAN!! WOOHOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I don't think that I could eat raw fish. I have had sushi but I like chicken and beef more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love steak :D T-bones my favorite
    getting a bit exhausted of chicken thou I had too many chickens

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loooooooove sashimi

    i haven't had good sashimi in a while :c

    ReplyDelete