Monday, August 31, 2009

Soma!














Downtown Toronto view fro
m CN Tower      

 






The tallest free standing tower in the world









I was looking through some of my pictures, which i took when I was traveling. I was just laughing out loud remembering all the fun times, and suddenly I found out what I should post on this small but remarkable blog. I should write about the food I have tried from where I have been!!


I left Vancouver at 11 in the morning on March 12th, 2009 to Toronto for five nights. It was very cold fro
m what I remember, but it was one of the most memorable moment of my life. Niagara Falls, CN Tower,and Rogers Centre were staggering and totally blew me away! These places are world-known, and thousands and millions people go there. However, if they did not visit Soma Chocolatemaker in the Distillary District, they should be ashamed of themselves. 





          That's the sign indicating where Soma Chocolatemaker is located. 







How the best chocolate is being made.                       YUMMM

Soma Chocolatemaker is one of the few chocolatemakers who make chocolate directly from cacao bean. Visitors can actually see how chocolate is being made through windows. Soma Chocolatemaker also offers traditional Italian cookies and drinking chocolate with the best taste. 








100% Cacau Chocolate
        (WARNING: This should be for people who have strong stomach.)













Delicious Costa Rican Milk Chocolate!
I was very tired walking around downtown Toronto 13hrs that day but I can't still forget this taste. 









Soma Chocolatemaker
http://www.somachocolate.com/SOMA_home.html(You can order through e-mail)
Phone: 416-815-7662
Located in the Distillary Historical District at 55 Mill Street, Toronto



8 comments:

  1. Wow the skyline of Toronto is breathtaking.Would like to visit Canada sometime.
    Milk chocolate my favourite!I can practically taste it by just looking at the photo.I would surely try the Cacau chocolate too, what makes it so dangerous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vancouver? I was born around that area, and visit it relatively frequently. Canada is quite stunning, and i recommend anyone to visit if given the chance. Anyways, on topic of foods, there is one particular chocolate bar made by Nestle that is unavailable in the States. Whenever we visit Canada on family trips, my sisters and I always stock up on as many Aero bars as we can, nearly buying out our destination's entire supply.

    What made these chocolately bars of pure heaven so good were the small bubbles Nestle put inside, causing a crumbling sensation in your mouth. Baby back ribs, fondue, all food is better when it melts in your mouth. So if you ever visit Canada, for whatever reason you're going, be sure to pick up one of these! They come in all sorts of flavors, such as my younger sister's favorite Mint Chocolate, so be daring and purchase whatever sounds best to you. Enjoy!

    Chocolate Aero Bar

    ReplyDelete
  3. To:aakash,
    Toronto is a gorgeous place to visit. haha:) The reason why I said "Warning" is that it has no sugar in it. Therefore, it is indescribably bitter. haha:p

    To:Adrain
    You were born in Vancouver eh? I am from Vancouver. That's great! and I have to agree with you that Canada is beautiful. Aero bars are delicious, but I didn't know that we don't have them here. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chocolate looks pretty good. I'm glad to see what I would refer to as "pure chocolate." Unfortunately, I hate bitterness so I would never try it myself, but it is definitely worth respecting, no matter what your preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soma is one of the few chocolate-makers who make chocolate straight from the cacao-bean? How do other chocolate-makers make chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well-known chocolates like Mars Bars and Galaxy are usually prepared from a cocoa concentrate mixed with varying amounts of cocoa butter. Generally, more the cocoa, better is the quality. In fact, this method is one of the main reasons that chocolate is so cheap today (thanks to Hershey's creative genius). In the 1800s, chocolate was made directly from cocoa and was very expensive - it was considered a luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Jay, i was born over in White Rock, and my grandparents and parents lived in Vancouver for a few years at my birth. I must admit i was pretty upset when i realized they werent sold in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocholate... one of the best things in the world. To be honest I've never heard of Soma, but they looks like a very presigious chocolate making company. I'll have to try some of it sometime. Although NOT the 100% cocau :D

    ReplyDelete