Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Buzzby Grab and Go

So for those of you that have not yet heard of Buzzby, I highly recommend it. You have been missing out on one of the greatest things at GT and so I have taken it upon myself to enlighten you all about it. I am on the 14 meal a week plan I have been having trouble using all of my meals. Buzzby is the perfect way for me to get rid of my extra meals in a way that is not wasteful.


Here is how it works:


You walk in, grab what you want, scan your Buzz card, and then continue about your day. It's that simple! They are open from 11 am to 2pm on weekdays only.


They have various entrees such as burgers, wraps, chicken wings, chicken tenders, and more. They also have salads and snacks, in addition to drinks.


One meal or card scan consists of 4 points and subtracts one of your meals for that week. An entree is 2 points, snack 1 point, and drink 1 point. So you essentially can get a complete meal there on the go.


So whats so good about this?


First of all, its extremely convenient. They place all of your food in a plastic bag and you can eat it on the way to class without having to stop and dine in like you would at Britain or Woodruff. You can literally wake up, walk in and swipe some food, and then be about your day.


More importantly to me, the food is packaged/disposable. I like to eat my entree and save my chips/drink for my dorm room so that I have something to eat later. You are not allowed to remove food from Britain so this is your only option to do this for free. I have a stockpile of 1 liter drinks in my fridge from Buzzby and I save them as a sort of treat. If you are on the unlimited meal plan, there are no repurcussions for this, and you can do your grocery shopping for free. You can only get 1 drink per visit though.


I'm unsure if west campus has a Buzzby, but the east campus one is located directly behind Britain and I highly encourage you to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely did not know this and I am mad that I have been missing out! Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortuneately i can't use buzzbuy so much because i have a ten meal plan. They only way i can go to buzzbuy is if i don't eat at Brittain close to when i go to buzzbuy, because for some reason they will not let me use 2 of my meals in close proximity

    ReplyDelete