Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Favorite restaurants to go on a date?

Who better to propose this question to than my fellow foodies?

Over the weekend, I took a lovely young lady out to lunch, but ran into a problem: I'm one of those people who hates making decisions and doesn't want to in fear of choosing something the other person doesn't like. Unfortunately, so is she. This put us in a sort of awkward position, neither one of us wanting to choose a restaurant that the other would dislike. We ended up choosing Taco Mac (which was a brilliant idea, considering I was giving up watching the football game to be with her) and I was pretty happy with the decision, as was she.

So long story short, is there any restaurant that is above all others that you guys wish to go to?

Edit - I just saw one of the other foodies has a pretty much similar topic, although its more of a recommendation than a question. Whoops, so much for originality.

7 comments:

  1. Nice tactic to get more ideas for where to eat and it even works for academic purposes!

    However, I am afraid I lack the answer you seek. D: Only recently have I gone out on a date and my boyfriend and I have not really looked much into eating at a fancy restaurant. I'd recommend Five Guys for a quick bite to eat though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on if you your budget. If you don't mind spending up to $50 for both of you, I would check out the Marietta Diner(which happens to be where I did my review for blog post 2). It has a huge variety (in both prices and food), and the setting is quite nice as well. It has its own website, so just google the diner if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know tons of restaurants in Korea and Malaysia but not in the US....

    But, I do have a place that I want to try out sooner or later.. Its called Red Lobster... I bet many of you guys probably know this place but as a foreigner I am totally new to it and want to try going there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great date spot: Fox Sports Grill. Very classy restaurant but you can still have fun because its a sports grill with flat screens everywhere. Cute date atmosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't eaten at many places in Atlanta, but I can definitely support Fox Sports Grill. They have great food and service, and if you eat cheaper you can eat for around $20 for two people. Very nice atmosphere, especially at night. It can get crowded with sports fans, but I have only seen that in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joshua in his restaurant review gave FOX 4 stars (if I remember correctly).

    I feel like there's a difference between good "date-someone-you-already-know" restaurants and "first-date" restaurants. For "first-date" restaurants, two things are key (in my opinion): low noise level and moderately crowded. Low noise level is important so you aren't yelling at each other all the time. Moderately crowded is nice so that you have other people to stare at and background noise to alleviate any awkwardness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a nice dinner in/around Atlanta I always enjoyed Maggiano's Little Italy. It can get expensive and it is usually pretty crowded, but it has a nice atmosphere and the food is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete