Monday, October 19, 2009

Jolly Ranchers everywhere!

Ever been in a fourth grade elementary school class,where a teacher rewarded you these juicy tidbits ,for answering correctly in class?(For CS students out there)Ever attended CS class in Georgia tech,where the TA's throw one of these hard candies to you,when you get the code right?Well yeah,The jolly rancher,finds it's way through all stages of life.Even some major business firms hand them out,to appease delegates,before a meeting commences.These are the jolly ranchers,no doubt!The Jolly Rancher brand of hard candies comes in a wide variety of delicious fruit flavors, including apple, grape, cherry, raspberry and watermelon, providing everyone with their own special favorites.(My personal favorite is raspberry)
File:Jolly Ranchers.jpg
The world of ranchers
Well for those of you who don't know where these candies came from,or how they came to be so popular, the Jolly Rancher Candy Company has been around for a long time, since all the way back in 1949, when the company was founded in Golden, Colorado. The company was named Jolly Rancher in order to suggest a warm, welcoming and hospitable company, and that reputation continues to this day. Although the company originally made ice cream and chocolate in addition to its famous line of hard candy, the success of the candy line caused the company to concentrate on this facet of the organization, much to the delight of candy lovers around the world.The candies are now produced in Ontario,Canada.But it is more popular here in the United States.
The Jolly Rancher company has come up with various new products such as the Jolly ranchers cinnamon fire.Variations of the hard candy jolly rancher include the 'Jolly Rancher' cocktails and shots,popular in some bars and Jolly Rancher jelly beans,stix ,soda and ice cream.Hence Jolly Ranchers continue to dominate the world especially during Halloween season(that is now)...You could avoid getting 'tricked' this Halloween...by appeasing gullible brats,with a handful of jolly ranchers.....Now who wants some Ranchers?

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love jolly ranchers! They are one of my favorite hard candies. My AP psychology teacher last year handed them out to those of us who brought our progress reports back on the first day. As silly of a reward as it may seem, it certainly made a good start to the day (Psychology was 1st period...7:30 am).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been ages since I had a good amount of these!

    Back when I had braces, I could not have Jolly Ranchers for they would always get stuck on my braces no matter how many times I try to keep it away from the metal appliance.

    Blueberry is also a good flavor :) if I remember right. Grape in the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah its like blue raspberry ....i like that flavor the best too...And jolly ranchers rock!I just bought a packet of them from east side market,in case any of you were wondering where to get some....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jolly ranchers!!! They always come in handy when you want to reward someone haha or bribe someone to do something. If a teacher tells me she has jolly ranchers, I will definitely do whatever she asks! I am such a big kid haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like jolly ranchers too. However I can't have more than one at a time because they make my teeth feel weak and soft like eating too many lemons. But I guess that is part of its charm cause you want more of what you cant have.

    ReplyDelete