Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of AWESOME

Has anyone seen the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?

I am going to see it next weekend with my girlfriend and we are both really excited. Both of us love the animated movies that have been coming out since like Pixar started it.

The movie is about a guy who invents a machine that causes weather to bring food down. A hailstorm might bring meatballs, rain might bring dessert, etc. That sounds like so much fun! I'm sure it would get annoying after a while, but for the first week or so it would be really cool. Obviously, the best part of this invention is that it would solve world hunger. I'm not quite sure what goes wrong in the movie and how the plot develops, but I'm so excited to find out.

Maybe some day I'll use my engineering degree to develop something like this. Of course that'll happen... when bacon flies.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen the commercials and wondered why it hadn't been done sooner. I've known the expression since I was kid. Then I read it was a children's book, so there goes my thought. I do like this part of the plot though: "The local economy, based solely upon sardine exports, has collapsed after the rest of the world figured out that sardines are, uh, entirely disgusting."

    Not entirely food related, I looked up more information about the movie and found it was made by Sony Pictures. But anyhoo, Pixar always seems to deliver with their movies. 'Up', for example, was incredibly well done and I am always impressed with Pixar's ability to combine animation with story. I hope the same goes for this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading the book as a kid and enjoying it but I don't really have any desire to see the movie. I am not a big fan of animated films (although Pixar has some good ones) as I think they tend to skim on plot and trying to compensate with flashy animation.

    I asked my mother what she thought was the best food related movie she said it was a movie titled "Like Water for Chocolate". I have never seen it, but apparently it is the highest grossing Spanish film at the time of release. I would be interested if someone here had an opinion about this movie if they have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) UP and WALL-E were good ones. I look forward to UP being available for DVD/Blue-ray. It'll definitely be something I'll show to my grandmother as the old man/the protagonist cracks me up.

    However even after I say such, I have not and do not really have plans to see this Meatball movie in the theatre due to very little advertisement and any word from family members who watch practically anything.

    I hope the movie is good nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Water for Chocolate is a pretty good movie. It's about chocolate and passion. I tend to get it mixed up with Chocolat, which is a movie also about chocolate and passion.

    ReplyDelete