Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Could be a fun movie to watch...

Reading Michael Pollan's article "Out of the Kitchen, onto the Couch" at the nytimes.com Magazine section, I was intrigued by his description of Meryl Streep impersonating Julia Child in the upcoming movie "Julie & Julia".

So I watched the trailer, and I must say, this has really piqued my interest. I've never thought of Julia Child beyond the screen personality that I saw in class watching that episode of 'The French Chef'. That she may have struggles and profound aspirations of her own has come as a little surprise to me.

Anyway, here is the trailer:


Meryl Streep, the quintessential award-winning, persona-style playing actress returns to the screen portraying Julia Child and her early life, along with Amy Adams, who plays Julie, a modern Julia Child looking for meaning in her life. I'll tell you one thing - Meryl Streep will totally pull this one off.

Again, this is Hasan at your service - helping you sort out internet (and Hollywood) treasure from internet (and Hollywood) junk.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This trailer is property of Columbia Pictures Inc. and is used here for demonstrative purposes only.

5 comments:

  1. My first impression of this movie was that it was of the "feel good chick flick" variety. However, it looks quite interesting. A story of Julia Child's rise to power and how she has a significant effect on someone else's life. Also, I'm glad to see a movie to which our entire class can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with omega. I heard the title and thought"chick flick." But now that I have seen the trailer and Julia Child herself, I find the movie to be a little interesting (if still a chick flick).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister actually loves "Chick Flicks", as you call them... include "Chicklit" fiction like The Devil Wears Prada... she seems pretty enthusiastic about this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that some "chick flicks" actually turn out to be quite good. Some recent ones I have seen are : The Invention of Lying, He's Just Not that into you, and others. I must say that I loved Devil Wears Prada was quite an amazing movie. I really likeed it. A lot of guys won't watch "chick flicks" unless they are with women, and that is quite a shame because they can be quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a pretty good movie to me! I want to watch it later when I have the time!

    Maybe we can watch it in class?

    ReplyDelete