Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Best Sub Ever!

So it has been five weeks since we have been here and I am definitely getting sick of eating the same ol' food at Woodys Dining Hall. I went to a festival today and was starving as we began to leave. I thought to myself that I would have to go back to the lame Woodys dining hall and eat the same boring cheeseburgers that I have been eating for the past month. To my surprise, my sister offered to take my friends and I to American Deli. Everyone must try their food! I had the best Philly Cheese Steak Sub that I have had in awhile. The steak is moist, the bread is toasted just right, and they put just the right amount ketchup and mayo on your sub. It reminded me of home, which is about an hour from Philadelphia, where they sell the BEST subs ever! I got to spend time with my sister and my friends as I enjoyed every last bite of my sub and I had a great time! I would definitely recommend everyone to go to American Deli if you want a really good sub or some wings.

8 comments:

  1. I find that in terms of subs, the 'fast food' places like Subway, Quizno's, and Firehouse usually do a pretty good job. Food is something that you need to balance price, taste, and convenience and typically the sub shops represent a good balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the sub shops definitely represent a good balance. I do not like Subway as much because they do not give you a lot of meat but I love Quizno's Chicken Carbonara sub. It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great! Where is the closest American Deli? How can I get there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes American Deli is a very good place to eat. I have found that it is slightly more expensive than your normal sub shops, but it is a step up in terms of qualilty. It is also located in a place that is fun to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the closest American Deli is by the Walmart on Howell Mill...maybe like a 7 minute drive from here. I am not sure how you can get there if you do not have a car or someone to drive you there. I'm sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the food is slightly more expensive but it is well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the best sub near woodruff dining hall, you should definitely go to Firehouse. It's located along with many restaurants such as Lucky Buddha, and Rocky Mountain. It doesn't have a decent service, but the taste is definitely more superb than the sandwich you get at dining hall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely try that! I have also been hearing a lot about this "Lucky Buddha." How is that?

    ReplyDelete