Wednesday, September 16, 2009

dinner at food court

So, my parents in China told me not to save money by eating less food, in that case, i decided to have a good dinner at food court in student center instead of free dining halls...

Asian food are always my best choice, the fresh-looking sushi just caught my eye at the first second when I walked in. I went with my friend, so when I head my stomuch screaming embarrasingly in the crowd, I decided to take a box of teriyaki chicken with vegi and rice too. Hmmm, I was about to share the sushi with my friend.


my frieng who seem to like American food better...(teriyaki ---wingnuts)


Pitifully, my friend didn't like sushi! I was staring at the sushi and I thought of Katherine and the other two in my English class said their favorite food is sushi... Wished they could be there with me and share the sushi and the joy with me too...lol Why wouldn't anyone like sushi? The combination of the sweet and sour, the taste of pure and fesh...This is so weird especially my friend is an Asian!

Anyways, I was eating so slowly and enjoying the dance moves of the flavors in my mouth, on my tone, even in my throat while swallowing that I forgot the time: I did not have class anyways, but my friend did. Since, I was eating alone, with 2 big boxes open right in front of me, I kinda felt like a pig... I did not think I could eat them all fast, so I just started reading our new Ruth's book, and stayed there for an hour and finished everything...

Such a pleasant meal. However, it was before I went to get my 75 gift card for food court (from unlimited meal plan), and I really listened to my parents and spent over 15$ on this supper...OPPS!

10 comments:

  1. Some people, who have never tried sushi, think of it as "what? RAW fish with rice? Eww." But if you try it once, you will think you have made a wise decision. It just melts in your mouth.
    It depends on what kind of sushi you get, but usually sushi is low in fat but high in protein, vitamin, and minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushi has always seemed like a very odd kind of food to me. Something about the idea of eating raw food just does not appeal to me. One day, a friend and I were eating in the Student Center. He bought a box of Sushi very much like yours and I tried one of his pieces, and I must admit that I did not find it very appealing. There was far too much variation in one mouthful for my tastes. But perhaps I would prefer a better quality sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, what kind of sushi would you recommend to someone who knows next to nothing about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Enjoying the dance moves of the flavors in my mouth..."

    HAHAHAHAHA! I've never heard a more colorful/80s retro phrase describing taste before! Not bad, Zee, not bad at all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and the others in class have been talking about how much you enjoy sushi all year long. I have, being a white american, never tried it, but you all have convinced me to try some at my next opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I've just remembered that the other day I was at Brittain and they had a sushi bar set up. It was just the one day, but maybe they'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a very adept sushi eater, but i HAVE tried it before. It is very good, but one serious draw back to it is that I feel like I don't get enough food for my money. I often find myself spending a large amount of money for a few pieces of sushi. They are very good, but I'm always still hungry when i finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx Hason, and Drew, I actually agree with you in some ways. What I mean here is it is actually does not happen everywhere on the earth, in China (and I assume in Japan too) are not expensive at all. And it does not make you very full, it's true, but well, this is healthy food. And for those who never tried, I really suggest raw-salmon sushi, raw-shrimp sushi and plain-vegitable sushi, they are the most famous (but not too rare or expensive) ones. Hope you all will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sushi! Especially salmon sushi and tuna sushi!
    Every time I took SAT at HongKong, I would go to Kanamizu Sushi at Tsim Sha Tsui. I had to wait for seat for more than one hour, but it was worthwhile. Foods there were really delicious and cheap (they have 50% off in the afternoon)! This was always the most enjoyable time for me after the disgusting SAT test!
    By the way, it seems you were so sweet with your... er... friend! Haha~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try sushi at the student center lol I'm feel so empty without sushi :( I hope its pretty good at the SC ..... If not, I have to ask an older person to drive me to this sushi place.......

    ReplyDelete