Sunday, September 27, 2009

CPK Curbside

I went to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) last night and decided to try out their new curbside option. Basically, you go onto cpk.com, order food, and then park your car outside the restaurant at a time you choose beforehand. You give them a call to let them know you're there, and they bring the food to your car for you.
It sounded cool enough, but I was a bit wary at first. I thought the food wouldn't be as good, and was afraid they would cook it and it would just be waiting there getting old. Cold pizza is good, but there's nothing like a pizza fresh out of the oven.
I was wrong. I had a chipotle chicken pizza and it was amazing. They put all the essentials on the pizza (chicken, sauce, and cheese), and give you a container with the toppings. You then put the toppings on the hot, melty pizza and proceed to gobble it all up.
The best part about the experience, though, was the bread and butter that came with it. I used to love getting bread and butter every time I went to CPK as a child, but because of money, they only bring bread and butter if you ask for it. I didn't even have to ask for it when I ordered curbside! My order just came with the bread and butter inside the bag.
I really enjoyed my experience with the curbside option CPK now has. I would recommend it to anyone who... well anyone! Try it now!

CPK is my favorite restaurant by the way... Just in case you couldn't tell :)

2 comments:

  1. Our chain in Malaysia is a bit different lol
    The California Pizza Kitchen in Malaysia is quite luxurious and it does have the best pizza. Do they sell salads in the US as well? because in Malaysia CPK had a really satisfying salads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a lot of fast-foodish chains in the U.S. really glam themselves up when they get to Asia. In Singapore, students often study at McDonald's because they're air-conditioned, clean, and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete