Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cooking

Cooking, for me, seems to be one of those things that you undervalue. Sure, I have always enjoyed cooking, but I never imagined that I would miss it as much as I have this semester. I did not bring any cooking utensils because I figured that I would not have the time to cook or the space in which to store the necessary equipment. Little did I know that I would come to miss making my own food very much. I have never been a particularly fancy cook, but there is something intrinsically enjoyable about being able to make whatever you want. This past weekend I went home and decided to make dinner for my family. It was a very enjoyable experience, especially after being deprived of anything similar week after week. My boyfriend and I cooked Baked Ziti dish for my family and it turned out wonderfully. It was very easy to make, and the recipe was easy to follow. We made some small adjustments, but here is a link to the base recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Ziti-IV/Detail.aspx

3 comments:

  1. I love to cook too! But it seems like you know how to cook a lot more than I do. I am still a beginner, but I would love to learn how to cook different types of food. I wish they had cooking classes or something here that could teach people how to cook and also allow people who want to cook, like you, to be able to cook at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been much of a cook, but the last time I went home, I wanted a homecooked meal so bad that I made one as well. I know someone who managed to make a chocolate cake in their microwave in their room...dont know how it turned out though. You probably wouldnt need much more than some basic measuring supplies, a mixing bowl, and an 8x8 pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i came done to college i didnt bring any cooking utensils or plates or anything down as well. I immediately saw that was a mistake. Even though i was never excited about cooking i was frustrated at not being able to make even the simplest dishes that i had taken for granted before

    ReplyDelete