Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain rain go away...

As I'm sure you are all aware, it has been raining an exceptional amount the last couple days. If I'm not mistaken, this is the fifth day in a row that it has been rainy. Normally I love the rain. I find it refreshing, and it almost always puts me into a good mood. I'm starting to get down right sick of this though. It looks gloomy all day, and then decides to start pouring RIGHT as I have to get to my next class.

In all of this negativity, I am beginning to search for the positives. Strangely, one thing that seems to benefit from the increased rainfall is my dining experience. I'm a Britain boy. Never have I ever set foot into Woodruff, mainly because it is too far away from me. Britain is literally right next to my dorm so it is the most logical choice by far. After I left our English class this after noon, I decided to make a stop at my favorite dining hall before beginning my homework. Normally at this time of day it is packed and it takes forever to get food because the lines are so long. Today was a different story though. It was raining so hard, that I can only speculate that it caused people to stay indoors. The lucky few that had braved the rain and ventured into the dining hall were richly rewarded. There was plenty of food, and no wait time for it. I gobbled down some fresh slices of pizza. After that I ate a greek salad and a double cheeseburger. Yeah I'm gonna get fat, but it was definately a positive bestowed upon me from the rain. I urge you all to check out the dining halls during the rain and see if my experience will hold true for you.

9 comments:

  1. I also went to Britain during the rainfall and was rewarded by few people, a lot of seating, and a plethora of great food. I was able to pig-out more than usual that day without fear of lines or people judging me. I would go so far as to say that was the best dining experience at Britain I have ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed that I had a variety of seats to choose from and no lines at all to get food! When it rains, no one really wants to walk all the way to dining hall and eat while they are drenched. But luckily, after leaving English class I was already soaked so I decided to just go to dining hall while I was already out. Best decision that I made yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was such a nice day.
    Brittain was full again... :(
    It was really sad too because it was milkshake mania today and the line was really long. My friends and I waited for the line to get shorter before we went and around 7:40 we got up (it closes at 8) and suddenly a women came out and said that the last person in line would be the last to get served.
    I was soooo sad.
    Oh well, at least the sound of "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone" playing on my Ipod made the whole experience better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you think the rain empties the dining hall, you should try visiting early in the morning. I got there right after I finish PT at seven in the morning and its always a ghost town. It's really nice not having to wait in line when your tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I wake up at 10 every morning. This definitely not the prime time to go to Britain. They are switching from breakfast to lunch at this time and there is absolutely nothing to eat. I've made the mistake of eating there before my class at 11 and it has turned out horrible. There is indeed no line, but thats because there is no food! I guess I need to try earlier for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Often times I find myself in similar situations, even forsaking some of the better food with longer lines to get a more popular and ever present cuisine. Sometimes it's worth standing in line for such good food, but I'd rather not have to spend half my evening staring at other people with their food while waiting an eternity for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though the lines at Britain can sometimes be long i am suprised at the volume that they cover. They have to feed pretty much everyone on east two or three times a day with, at most, 4 lines to choose from. Its very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have noticed the same thing at Woodruff. On rainy days the number of diners definitely decreases. I have to say, however, that the decrease I noticed wasn't as dramatic on west end of campus.

    I also totally agree about the rain. I love it so much, especially storms, but a week straight is a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was one of the diners that decided not to swim to the dining hall during the stormy weather. I would rather stay dry inside.

    ReplyDelete