Friday, September 25, 2009

Crumbs Bakery




There are not many sweets that can get me extremely excited to the point that all I can think about is this certain treat. However, last summer, I have discovered the best treat there is around. Crumbs Bakery Shop Cupcakes.

Located in New York City and Los Angeles, I was reading a tabloid magazine a couple days before heading up to NYC when I read a headline that stated ‘Katie Holmes visits Crumbs Bakery Shop after picking up some delicious treats for daughter Suri.’ And I, being the star junkie I am, decided I MUST visit this store.

And so the next weekend, as my family headed up, I was dreaming about what this bakery has to offer. I am not an avid fan of desserts and neither is my mother, so I was hoping for this bakery shop to have something that I have never tasted before. So, once I arrived and entered Crumbs Bakery, I was not expecting what I found. Cupcakes, a galore of cupcakes, from s’more to cappuccino to even butterfinger!! Not only did they offer numerous amounts of cupcakes, they also were much larger then normal. These cupcakes were 4 inches wide and 4 inches tall, with sweet cream fillings and moist cake that seemed to melt in your mouth. Never have I been so enthralled by such a dessert.

Since that day, I have dreamt about these cupcakes and have figured out how to cure my craving. I was going to order some to my dorm room for not only me, but three of my friend’s birthday. My six cupcakes are to arrive this Friday and I am bouncing with excitement to get them! And though these are something like I have never tasted there is one certain downfall. The cost. 22.50 for the cupcakes and another 16 for the shipping. Total = $40. Though quite the bullet to my wallet, these cupcakes are worth it. And I am looking forward to every single bite.

UPDATE:

The cupcakes have arrived! And they were worth every penny.

3 comments:

  1. They look so yummy and so adorable too. Those cute cupcakes just made me think that sometimes the stuff we eat are not just food, they are art too. They sometimes give us not only satisfication for stomuch but also pleasure for our eyes and nose... And I think that is part of the reason why those cupcakes cost so much: art is priceless. lol Hope you enjoy them~ Wish I could taste them some day too....XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for spending the money on them. When I first read your post I missed the size of the cupcakes so by the end I was wondering why you would spend so much on a regular sized cupcake. But after rereading I became almost jealous. Maybe one day I too will be able to eat a cupcake the size of my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely! I even don't know how can I eat these delicate art cracfs because I really want to keep them in the appearance.

    ReplyDelete