Sunday, September 27, 2009

A More Enjoyable Afternoon

It was Friday night and I had recently returned home for the weekend. Although inconvenient with what was available between home and dorm, the gains were worth every minute... so I thought until the following morning.

The following day I had planned to go to the football game with my father, who was an avid football fan. It was a joyful event in the making except I had placed little consideration of when the game was and when I would wake up. Unwisely I had stayed up until 2-3 a.m. doing some homework and woke up the "next morning" at 11:30a.m.

I hurried to get ready but the moment I caught sight of my father, I could careless about the game. There was something more attention grabbing and better than football. My father was in the kitchen pulling some salmon covered with lemon pepper out of the mini-oven.

By the time I had sat down and eaten some of the salmon, my senses returned and I questioned my father why he didn't wake me up or rush to head to the stadium.

He simply said, "Free food as much as we want, first class seats, and best of all no need to worry about the rain."

I then asked him about the $25 dollars lost, which he quickly dismissed. Chuckling, I remembered how it was inconvenient the distance was between home and the dorm (stadium in this case) but regardless of that inconvenience, nothing beats home especially if there's salmon on the menu.

1 comment: