Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cookbook Reviews






The first cookbook I evaluated was the "Soul Food Cookbook". It was filled with all southern cooking, based on traditional meals and appetizers straight from louisianna, alabama and other adjacent states. There are little to no pictures, unfortunately, which makes me unsure which recipes may turn out the best. The only way I could decide what I'd like to make was by checking the ingredients for what seemed to mesh the best, and even this solution seemed faulty at times. Aside from the lack of interesting qualities, the actual cooking material looked delicious. It was organized by entrees, vegetables, side items and desserts. A majority of the recipes were what I grew up eating, which is why this cookbook was personally appealing to me.




The second cookbook I evaluated was the "Weight Watchers Cookbook". This cookbook was also attractive to me because my mom followed weight watchers recipe's for a long time and cooked a large amount of meals from their program. When reviewing the cookbook, it was much more colorful, exhibiting a large variety of delicious looking food combined with healthy, easy to follow recipes. Lastly, it shows tables of helpful information, including how many 'points' a meal is worth, approximately how long it will take, the level of difficulty and alternative ingredients for some you may dislike.
All things considered, i liked the "main meals" portion of the weight watchers website, considering it's greatly helpful to amateur cooks like myself. This, combined with the easy to navigate index of the cookbook made it one of my favorites to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment