Sunday, November 29, 2009

12 oz Chocolate Bunny and food prices

Today while at the super market my brother pointed out something amazing, a 12 oz Chocolate Bunny! For $8.00 it could be mine, along with the heart attack that would probably ensue. I was really shocked at how big it was and how someone could possibly eat that before it went bad. But that wasn't the onlything that really shocked me. I went to go find some cheese in a can that I like to eat with crackers and they wanted $4 for a can of cheese! I couldn't believe it. So I decided not to get the cheese and just roll with my favorite Ritz crackers. Then when I went to grab some soda they wanted $5 for a 12 pack of sprite. I remember not too long ago I could go to somewhere like Costco or SAM's club and get a 48 pack of sprite for $8. Food prices have truley gotten out of hand. It is crazy. I was talking to my mom on the way home from the super market and she said that since my brother and I have left for college they havn't seen a dramatic change in the money they pay for food. I was really shocked because I would image that with two less people at home they wouldn't pay near for food as when we lived at home.

What really made me realize this whole thing was when I was actually going to pickup a pack of soda before Thanksgiving break at the East Side market and they wanted somthing like $6 for a 12 pack. I thought that was crazy. But now that I see that normal grocery stores are almost just as expensive, I may have to rethink what I buy at the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment