Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Football

My family always has a big Thanksgiving day lunch at my cousin's house. The feast will usually feature
anywhere from 20 to 25 people. There are some keen hunters in my family so usually some of the
venison or the turkey at the meal is not store bought. However, one of the big focuses of the
Thanksgiving lunch is the chance to watch some professional football. The NFL always has two or three
Thanksgiving day games on. This year had the Green Bay Packers against the Detroit Lions, the Dallas
Cowboys versus the Oakland Raiders, and the New York Giants at the Denver Broncos. The Packers,
Cowboys, and Broncos all won their games.

The NFL has become a big part of my Thanksgiving, so for my blog post I would like to show everyone
what I would consider some of the best NFL Thanksgiving day moments/performances.

1. Ref blows coin toss - 1998
Overtime in the NFL starts off with a coin toss to determine possession. The referee obviously misheard
Jerome Bettis say "tails". The Steelers ended up losing the game.

2. Leon Lett Blunder - 1993


Leon Lett touches the ball after a missed field goal, which turns it into a live ball, meaning that the kicking team can recover it.

3. Clint Longley - 1974


An unlikely hero during the 1974 Thanksgiving Day game.







No comments:

Post a Comment