Thursday, November 19, 2009

choco-scopes

I bought a chocolate bar from student center. The chocolate itself is not special, however the casing of the chocolate bar is very interesting. There is a choco-scopes, which is an astrological guide to chocolate consumption

Aries
/Mar 21-Apr 20
Eats the whole bar on the way home from the shop.
Taurus/Apr 21-May 21
Loves good chocolate, especially if it is in expensive packaging.
Gemini/May 22-Jun21
Chooses their chocolate by taking a bite out of each piece.
Cancer/Jun 22-Jul 22
Makes even the smallest bar last for a least a month.
Leo/Jul 23-Aug 21
Likes to be in charge of dividing up the chocolate.
Virgo/Aug 22-Sept 23
Cuts their chocolate into bite size pieces with a knife and fork.
Libra/ Sept 24-Oct 23
Chooses two bars; one for themselves and one for you both to share
Scorpio/Oct 24-Nov 22
Hides their chocolate and then becomes obsessed that someone will find it
Sagittarius/Nov 23-Dec 22
Will only eat imported chocolate
Capricorn/Dec 23-Jan 20
Likes to be seen eating only the best and the most expensive chocolate
Aquarius/Jan 21-Feb 19
Loves chocolate-but likes to think they actually prefer carob health bars
Pisces/Feb 20-Mar 20
Shares their chocolate and forget to leave some for themselves

Although I do not quite believe that constellations are related to people's personality, the guide is still fun to read. I am Scorpio, who hide their chocolate and then becomes obsessed that someone will find it. From the general astrological guide, Scorpios are mysterious and keep their emotion hidden. I think this is why Scorpio will also hide their chocolate. Actually, I would like to hide something and let people to find it. However, if the chocolate is really expensive and delicious, I will just eat it~

7 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Wonder what's the next corporation to make a unique use of packaging. Ever since the advent of packaging (something I'm sure Pollard regrets deeply), food companies have been trying to one up each other in terms of packaging... only because they take the attention away from the actual foodlike substance (having read Pollan's book, I am forced to use this phrase).

    As for this "chocoscope", it does not hold true for me. I'm a Capricorn, and on the rare occasions I've tried expensive chocolate, I've found that I like the popular (and cheap) brands more. I don't know why I would like to be seen eating the best and most expensive chocolate, unless I'd like to come across as sophisticated and elite, which I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one might view chocolate as some view fashionable clothes: it's not just about the comfort or wearability...it's about the special aura and visual appeal it possesses.

    I've met people who are chocolate-snobs and maintain that they can't eat hersheys or snickers bars anymore.

    According to my 'choco-scope', I share my chocolate and forget to leave some for myself. Then again, I can see myself being one of all of those at various points in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is indeed a very interesting packaging. some people who may be horoscope fanatics would love this chocolate

    according to the label i "Eat the whole bar on the way home from the shop."

    this may be true because i love the chocolate so much haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently i only like to eat imported chocolate. Not quite true haha. Still worth a look though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Packaging is definitely a part of the price tag. This reminds me of when I see infants grabbing random stuff off the shelves at the grocery store. In order to buy something, someone would have to first pick it up. Can't help liking "cute" or "cool" looking. (simplistic could be added too but that's up to personal preference ;) )

    :) According to the chocolate, I like to be in charge of dividing up the chocolate, which is true when I offer chocolate to friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Virgo. The wrapper predicts I cut up my chocolate with a knife and fork. While I don't do that, I do usually break a big Hershey's bar into bite size pieces with my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, I'm Gemini, chooses their chocolate by taking a bite out of each piece. I don't think I do that. Maybe I would if I had a few pieces of chocolate and wanted to eat the one I liked best, but then again, who wouldn't? Maybe some people lick it or smell it instead. XD

    ReplyDelete