Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Haircut

So for some reason, my mom decided that it would be fun if she took our family to a remote island for Thanksgiving. My father has a saying, "If mom's not happy, no one will be happy," and we all went along with her plan.


The only way to get to this island is by a ferry which leaves at 7:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 4:00 pm. We took the 7:00 ferry and planned to return at noon to get on with our day. Unfortunately that did not go as planned.


Because of the holidays, the noon ferry was not scheduled to arrive, but we didn't figure this out until we were already on this island! This left us stranded on an island with literally nothing to do for 4 hours. The bordom began to ensue.


And then the stupid things that you do when you are bored.... I had been wanting a haircut, and my family decided that now was as good a time as any. The only problem is how do you do that with no scissors? Well apparently my family thinks that a swiss army knife will do the job just fine. Each person in my family took a turn hacking away at my long blonde hair. By the end of it, I had a surprisingly good hair cut considering it came from a Swiss army knife!


Nevertheless, I was forced to buzz the rest when we got off the island finally. It is the first time I have ever done it, and I realized for the first time that I look relatively similar to my brother.

5 comments:

  1. You are very brave haha for letting them cut your hair with a knife! But it sounds really fun...now I want to cut someones hair but I doubt anyone will trust me with a knife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I wouldn't trust my family to cut my hair, especially with a swiss army knife, except for my mom. I am in need of a haircut too, but I have only heard bad things about the local places. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just buzz it! Spend $20 on a pair of clippers and you are set for life... no more paying for hair cuts, or worrying about getting a bad barber

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha omgggg the things people do when bored, but hey, your hair looks good! but ... now i forget what you look like with long hair hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha hair cuts are so hard to get in college especially for international students ... but I don't think I would want to cut it with a swiss army knife lol.. great experience though

    ReplyDelete