Sunday, November 1, 2009

Coupons

I know that college students probably don't shop at the grocery store much , but before I came to college I went a lot with my mom and we always used coupons. We would always look through the Sunday newspaper and find the best deals on food. I guess you could have called me a coupon professional because I knew how to get the best deals on everything. Now because I am a poor college student I was looking up ways to save money on food I need to buy , and I came across a pretty useful website. It is appropriately name coupons.com and it has tons of coupons for all kinds of things. All you have to do is click on the ones you want and download them and print them out. I actually printed out a couple of coupons to use for my Cooking project when I went to the store this weekend.

Other ways I save money is by going to Costco and sharing the bulk items with my friends and sharing the cost. Usually buying in big quantities is cheaper for me. But what are ways you guys save money when shopping for food?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your saving advice! I usually try to save money with groceries by shopping at Walmart. Their prices are much cheaper than other grocerie stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. coupons.com.... i'll have to remember that. I don't do too much grocery shopping, but I'm all about saving money when I do spend it. I took my girlfriend on a date to Ruby Tuesdays last weekend and I had a coupon that let me buy one dinner and get another one free. We both got a nice steak dinner for around $20. Definately a deal. I hope she's not mad at me for taking her on a cheap date :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...the last time I've ever used coupons was a bad experience. We got all the coupons we could and bought everything corresponding to a coupon. We even bought things we didn't need because we had a coupon for it. However, buying things that you don't think you need can be good because you might need them later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newspapers and handouts (usually through mail back home) are also nice sources of coupons. :) I remember back in high school I'd ask my father to hand over the Popeyes coupons he gets from the mail due to a Popeyes being on the way home. The coupons made Popeyes meals ridiculously cheaper when getting small meals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just splurge on food which isn't much help. I mean I'll buy store brand, but when it comes to food, that's a necessity and if I need it I will get it. The lady at the register told me to buy a newspaper and that would save me tons. She said paying two dollars for that was worth the fifty cents here and there on random items. I don't know where you shop, but I know at Publix there is a whole shelf of food that they are trying to get rid of for various reasons that are buy one, get one free. In addition, they sometimes have shelves with boxes that have been dented in during shipment that they won't put on the shelves for aesthetic reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never use coupons but i tend to look for things that are on sale. But then i fall into the same problem of buying things i don't need just because they might be on sale

    ReplyDelete