Monday, November 23, 2009

Food Fancy

I have officially begun making food dates. I have never been particularly excited to go out and enjoy a meal with someone, but lately I have been eager to try new restaurants and enjoy different types of dishes. I blogged about my last experience with Thai food and I have already planned a meal for Tuesday night at a restaurant I discovered while on the way to Noodle. It is a small Italian restaurant right next door. It looks like it could be a chain restaurant, but I have never heard of it before. I believe Razzio's is the name. Anyone heard of it? I think I am finally learning to appreciate the foods that are out there instead of worrying about what they provide for me. I truly enjoyed Saturday night's meal and cannot wait for Tuesday night. I also can't wait to start making dishes for myself. I find myself walking to and from studio (since that's where I live) thinking about what I could make to marinate chicken or veggies in and what I could use to replace marinara and alfredo sauce for noodle dishes. (I can't eat either of these because of my acid reflux.) This is also why I wish wine was made available to me for cooking purposes because I know of so many recipes which call for some sort of wine and sometimes even beer as marinade.

1 comment:

  1. You could use olive-oil based sauces, like pesto or just olive-oil. The spaghetti carbonara recipe in Reichl's book doesn't use any cream, and when I used it, the dish turned out really tasty.

    ReplyDelete