Sunday, November 22, 2009

Noodle News

My friend and I went on a dinner date last night fueled by my recent craving for Thai food. I had walked past a place by the name of Noodle many times on my way to Taco Mac and determined that this would be our destination. We walked through Midtown and across from the Vortex it rest. We walked into the dimly lit dining area. It was quaint, but very well decorated with chic black marble slabs as table tops and bambo flooring. Small tea candles lay on each table. We were quickly greeted by the waiting staff as the restaurant remain fairly empty; this I assumed was because of the off-road location. The restaurant is nestled in a corner and cannot be seen from the road. The only indication of its whereabouts is the small two-foot high sign with the restaurant's name, logo, and a small arrow point towards the doorway.
My friend and I ordered Satay Chicken as appetizers and the skewered chicken quickly appeared on our table complimented with a thick peanut sauce and fresh vegetables. The chicken was prepared in thin layers. I was impressed as I took my first bite and the chicken seemed to fall off the skewer and melt in my mouth. The taste was subtle, yet rich. The source I assumed to be a broth of some sort. As we looked through each entree, I was unsure of which to choose. Should I go vegetarian? Or for the salads? Yes, even they sounded delicious. I landed on a pad thai dish with a seafood flare to it. Mixed into a classic soy sauce was mussels, calamari, shrimp, and fish fillet. I was so excited to take the first bite I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat first. I started with a piece of calamari. I found myself savoring every bite, enjoying the mixed textures of seafood, vegetable, and noodle. My friend ordered a curry noodle dish with shrimp. I honestly only took two small bites because I was busy enjoying my meal so much, but from what I tried and his reaction the dish was just as satisfactory. The sauce was much different from mine, leaving a spicy aftertaste in the mouth.
We left with a to-go box in hand; for my friend's dish. I had wiped my plate clean, enjoying every bite of my meal. I left with enthusiasm for a new place to bring friends to eat. I was excited as the prices were reasonable and the food was enjoyable. The atmosphere suited the Americanized Thai meals. Overall, the experience was very enjoyable. The service was pleasant and quick. I think I forgot to mention that it took under fifteen minutes for our meals to be served. I will undoubtedly be a repeat offender in this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment