Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mid Night Snack?

I always have a hard time managing my time to go to the dining hall to eat dinner. For some reason I don't feel hungry at 9pm. Only after 10pm when the dining hall closes, I get really hungry. So, I end up having to savanger for food. There are many ways I try to ease my hunger.

The easiest way is to eat out. However, not many restaurants are open after 1 am. I would like to introduce you guys to Lucky Buddha and City Cafe. Lucky Buddha closes at 2 am and on Fridays and Saturdays they closes at 4 am. Their Chinese cooking is quite pleasing but they give out too much. The City Cafe, on the other hand, never closes. I have been there at 4 am because Lucky Buddha was closed and City Cafe was still open! City Cafe has wonderful service. The waiter there is really nice and likes to ask a lot of question about the food. The food at City Cafe wasn't amazing but it was better than having nothing to eat.

Of course, another way is to cook ramen! I'll post another blog post about cooking ramen... Although it very simple, I'll make it more indepth .

9 comments:

  1. I sometimes go to lucky budha or some other college-near restaurants but eating there everyday can be costly. When i am hungry at night, or I think I will be hungry, I usually make some noodles or go to west side market to busy some microwavable food like meat balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always store a lot of food in my dorm so I never worry about hunger. Bt the way, I never go out alone after 12pm. During orientaion, I was told that it's dangerous outside in Atlanta at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have this stash of food in my dorm drawer for if i get hungry during the night.I have Kit Kat bars,popcorn,cereal bars and Indian savories to keep me company when i can't sleep.I also soemtimes cook these easily microwavable foods,which are tasty and easy to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yeah Ramen noodles is the way to go .I sometimes go to eastside market right across the street to get some ramen or some simple macaroni and cheese.It's good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Qiqin Yeah its really DANGEROUS after 12 pm lol.... I got chased by a drunk homeless person couple of weeks ago and this week a homeless person came into lucky buddha asking for food ㅡㅡ;

    Akash yeah mac & cheese is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you live in east campus, Wing Nuts is open till late every day I believe and it's fairly safe to go to. You just need to cross North Ave and it's right there. Most of the bad stuff happens on the other side of the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. because i am chinese, i don't really like lucky buddha =/

    i will try city cafe though haha. another choice is to go to BP and grab something to eat haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW Burger King does not take drive through without a car ㅡㅡ;

    McDonalds on the other hand allows people to order without a car if there is not a lot of cars going to the drive through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mcdonalds is nice for people on west campus because it's not too far away. That, aside from food I have saved up or a quick west side market trip, are the most common methods of my snacking.

    ReplyDelete