Sunday, November 1, 2009

what is your favorite cereal?


In my view, cereal is a typical American food. I think it belongs to “fast food”, because we can easily make it and quickly eat it. The only different thing is that cereal is healthy!
Although I rarely see cereals in China, cereals became my main food for breakfast, sometimes even lunch and dinner.
Brittain dining serves twelve different kinds of cereals, so every students can find their favorite types of cereals. This is good. Sometimes, when I find the food is terrible at that day, I can still eat a whole cereal meal. My favorite is to mix Mini-wheats with Granola. Mini-wheats has white sugar on the top which effects the cereal tasteful. Granola is extremely chewable even it washes in the milk for a long time. This combination is not only delicious, but also healthy. Granola provides more energy and Mini-Wheats has more vitamins and minerals. What a perfect combination!

So, what is your favorite cereal?

(One day in Brittain, there were a huge Frosted Flakfe box and four new cereals.)

12 comments:

  1. My favorite cereal is Post Selects: Banana Nut Crunch. It it basically granola with dried bananas with walnuts. I used to go through multiple boxes a week of it.

    http://www.postcereals.com/cereals/post_selects/?id=banana#overview

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was always a fan of raisin bran. First off it is very good for you, but it also tastes really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all kinds of cereal. There are always some in my dorm because I often get up late and don't have enough time to have my breakfast at dinning hall.
    Actually I think you can easily find cereal, such as "Nestle egg & milk stars", in China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like frosted flakes the most! I like the simplicity of it instead of colorfulness of fruitloops. I never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Apple Jacks! Cereal is soo good anytime of the day. Some of my friends think I am weird because I can eat cereal whenever: morning, afternoon, night..whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt Frosted Flakes is healthy, but its probably my favorite cereal. Sometimes I add sugar to it, but I am probably just contributing to bad health rather than taste. Frosted Mini Wheats are a close second though (Applejacks are an honorable mention), and they are mildly healthy (no?).

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is Cocoa Krispies by far. They had them at Brittain once, but they were gone in like 2 days and they never brought more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite cereal is Coco Puffs. When I have a box of Coco Puffs I usually don't eat anything except them until they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite cereal is POPs they are crunchy and leaves the milk with a sweet taste. So after I would finish the cereal I would normally drink the sweeten milk which is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll go for granola or good old K anytime... I like having my cereal with hot milk, not cold milk like they have in the dining halls. As a result, I rarely partake of cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite cereals are: Cap'n Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, Cookie Crisps, Pops, and Apple Jacks. Whenever I go to the dining hall though, I go for the Lucky Charms in Brittain and Cookie Crisps in Woody before going for Apple Jacks. I haven't caught sight of any Cap'n Crunch or Pops much to my dismay. =\

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite cereal is cookie crisp :D it doesn't seem to be in the picture though. what makes me love it so much is because it ACTUALLY tastes like cookies :]

    ReplyDelete