Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Blog Post

Dangerous Cooking

Since the dinning halls were closed during Thanksgiving, I had to cook by myself. However, cooking is much more dangerous than I thought before. When I cooked pork on Friday, the exremely hot oil(at least 400F) hurt both my hand and my cooking turner.



The pork was really good. You can try to cook it by yourself someday, but be careful of your hands and turner! Here is the recipe :
1. Pickle the pork (rib is the best) in cooking alcohol with green onion and ginger from 30 minutes

2. Add cold water and pork in the pot, boil them togather.

3. Heat 2 teaspoon of oil in the pan, add 1 teaspoon of sugar, fry the sugar until it turn red.

4. Put the pork in the pan, fry the pork with fried sugar. (Be very careful! The oil temperature is very high now.)

5. Move the pork into the pot, add soya sause, cooking alcohol, dried prickly ash, dried aniseed, cortex cinnamomi, leaf bay, and water. Cook it for 1 hour.

6. Add some salt, sugar, and continue to cook for 30 minutes.






3 comments:

  1. I hope your hands got better.
    This meal looks so delicious! Is that your own recipe or from the Internet? How did you get the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I searched on baidu(a Chinese search engine) first, but there are a lot of different versions. So this is my own recipe which combined all the recipes from the net togather^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. It looks so tasty. You cook quite well. I hope your hands feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete